Summer is nearing its end, and the season will be changing soon. With fall and winter usually comes more rainfall and wetter weather conditions, which can make driving more tricky. When it comes to driving in the rain, the roads can be slippery and more dangerous. It can also be a lot more difficult to see the road clearly.
Here are some safety tips to remember when driving in heavy rain this upcoming season:
- The more important safety measure that you can take when it comes to driving in the rain is making sure that your car is well maintained and up to date on all recommended services. This will help you avoid unwanted car breakdowns and also ensure that your vehicle is ready for the weather changes.
- Change your windshield wipers before the rain begins. The heat of the summer can cause the wipers to crack and fray, which can make seeing in the rain difficult. Windshield wipers should be replaced at least once a year.
- Inspect your tires for tread. Tires should have good tread in order to keep control while on the road in the rain.
- Understand the roads you are driving. Knowing where you are going is a good safety measure when it comes to driving in unpredictable weather.
- Drive slower and safer. Speeding in the rain can be dangerous for you and other drivers on the road. Drive carefully and obey the law!
- Make sure your headlights are turned on when it is raining so you can see better and so other vehicles can see you.
The next time you find yourself driving in the rain, be sure to remember the safety tips above. If its time for a windshield wiper replacement or a service, bring your vehicle into the experts here at Lorentz Automotive.