It's December, which means the holidays are in full swing. This time of year means celebrating with family and friends, which most likely means there's going to be some long-distance driving involved. With everyone in a frenzy, it's important to keep safety at the forefront. Driving during this time of year can be hectic as the number of drivers on the road increases. To ensure you have safe travels, you will need to watch out for the hazards that winter brings, including rainy or snowy weather and negligent drivers.
Whether you're going from one place to another for work or leisure, we want you to be extra careful on the road. You can reduce the risk of an accident or serious injury by following these safe driving tips!
- Check the Weather: Before heading out of your house, it's best to check the weather report. Nowadays, you can do it with a simple touch on your phone. Inclement weather can be a hazard, and you might not know what to expect when your travel miles and miles.
- Follow the Speed Limit: This tip is a no-brainer, but you need to pay attention to the speed limit signs. We guarantee you wouldn't want to deal with an accident or a hefty speeding ticket.
- Remain Alert: Make sure you're well-rested if you know you got a long drive ahead of you. Driving in traffic requires your 100% eyes and ears focus, so reduce your distractions if you can.
- Prepare for Emergencies: In unexpected circumstances, it's essential to keep an emergency travel kit in your car. This kit should include basic tools and supplies such as a phone charger, first aid kit, flashlight, batteries, blankets, water, snacks, jumper cables, etc.
- Get Confirmation That Your Vehicle is Safe for Long-Distance Travel: We always encourage our customers to get a pre-trip inspection before going out of town. A professional mechanic can check your vehicle closely and thoroughly to ensure you have no setbacks. Our team can check things like your brakes, battery, tires, headlights, fluid levels, and windshield wipers.
These holiday travel tips can help you prepare for the weeks ahead. We hope you enjoy the holidays with as little stress as possible. For all your auto needs, including a pre-trip inspection, you can count on the experts at Lorentz Automotive! Please call or visit today.