New tires are definitely a big expense, but luckily aren’t needed too often with good care of your vehicle. The best way to know when your vehicle needs new tires is to keep track of when the last time you had your tires replaced was and to understand the signs that can indicate its time for new tires.
Here are some of the signs that it is time to get new tires:
- Check the tread on your vehicle. If the tread is very bald, meaning that your tires look smooth rather than rigid, this is a good indication that you need a new set of tires. Tread is what helps your tires make friction with the ground in any weather, which is why a bald tire should be replaced as soon as possible.
- When’s the last time you had your tires replaced? Knowing when your tires were last replaced is important when understanding when you may need a new set. Tires usually need to be replaced every 6 years, but other factors can be at play that can require tires more frequently.
- Look for any cracks in the sidewall of your tires. Cracks or cuts in your tire can mean that it is time for a replacement, especially because these cracks can lead to blow outs on the road.
- Look for blisters in the tire rubber. If you notice that the rubber is bulging in a certain spot, this can be an indication that your tire is weakening or thinning.
- Understand how your vehicle drives, and have your vehicle inspected if you ever notice a change. If your car is slower to stop or vibrates a lot on the road, it could be an issue with your tires.
Remember these tips the next time you think about your vehicle’s tires. If you ever have a question about your tires, don’t hesitate to give our experts a call here at Lorentz Automotive today.